27 August 2014

Ilse Crawford's Genius

I don't know about you, but when ELLE Decoration UK fell on my lap many years ago it changed my life.  It completely revised my perception of good interior design, and genius habitats.  As some of you know, my work revolves around the trick in the mix.  Yes the highs and lows merged together in a space.  Ilse Crawford launched ELLE Decoration UK when she was 27 yo.  In the landscape of traditional home magazines, here came EDU with its humanistic approach, very global, realistic and relevant.  Gone was the idea of a museum-like home.

Happily I share images from the exhibit: The Residency at The Apartment in Copenhagen.  It is ongoing until November 2nd, put together by Studioilse:








In my own team, we have been concentrating on doing home visits to study the reality of how people live.  With such mentors as Ilse Crawford in the design world, it puts a great perspective on successful interiors.  My inspiration continues…





No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Please share...